Saturday, April 17, 2010

in beautiful Cartagena, Colombia

The flight to Cartagena went smooth and fast (1h) in a propella plane across the Caribbean sea. I had company by this German young guy that is traveling from Alska to Argentina for 1 year. We bumped into each other the other day at the hostel in Panama City,  4.5 months after we bumped into each at the Mayan ruins in Palenque Mexico! The backpacker world is small. Lol!

Im very excited to finally be in Colombia, my last country on my Central America journey. However, it feels like I started a new chapter as I am officially in South America and Colombia is huge! It is double the size of France or California state. SO it is biiig. Nothing like the small countries in Central America.

Cartagena itself is a very beautiful Spanish colonial city from the 16th century with amazing buildings in the old town and new modern skyliners in the new part of town. Here is a good link about the city http://www.cartagenacaribe.com/ Salsa is played everywhere and last night I got to dance a bit myself :)

Staying at a really cool place as well called Media Lunas hostel http://www.medialunahostel.com/ a place I would recommend if you are ever in this part of the world. Cartagena though is HOT and I mean sweaty hot so I end up just lazing around all day... :) I have been here 4 days now and it is time to move on down south to the City of Eternal Spring - Medellin (which I really hope has cool spring weather!) It is a 13h bus journey so tonight I will hop on the night bus and hopefully sleep my way to Medellin.

See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment