Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Turtles

I am back in Stone town, Zanzibar after two great weeks in Nungwi. I truly enjoyed Rasta Magologolo's place and had quite a few shanti shanti days doing just about nothing. The main aim for this Zanzibar trip was that; to be able to just relax, read my book and be at peace with nothing on the agenda.

But now I am back where I started in Stone town. Here it is more busy with people and traffic (well not that much traffic, I am still on an island) but I cannot walk barefoot. Anyhow, I like Stone town as well. One of my favorite Zanzi restaurant is here; Lukumaan, where I have good food for a good price. However, I must say that the best best food I have had here in Zanzibar was at Langi Langi hotel in Nungwi. I became friends with the owner and the chef Sele (a true Zanzibarian) and he just makes the best food ever, no matter if it is seafood, sultan cake or spiced potatoes. Yum yum yum... I get hungry thinking about it!

Besides enjoying good food in Zanzibar, I also enjoyed well not sure if I enjoyed it but I witness some old school sex by two humongous 125 year old turtles on the turtle island right outside Stone town. Quite a scene to watch two big big turtles mating... and the noise they made.... waaaa sounded like a mix between a lion and an elephant..... rroooooooaaaawwww. Well I have it on tape, in case anybody is interested.

Tomorrow, me and my friend Theo is about to leave this beautiful island. We will take the ferry in the morning and head for Dar es Salaam. Let's see what Dar has in store for us...

No comments:

Post a Comment