Friday, July 23, 2010

Loving the summer in Finland

biking in the forest
I have reached my definitively last stop on my trip; Dagsmark village on the West coast of Finland. Here the grass is actually greener, the sky is bluer, the air is cleaner, the flowers are more colorful and the silence is real. It is lovely to be in Finland during the summer when the sun is shining and the birds are singing until 2 am in the morning. Hey, you can actually still sunbath at 10 o'clock at night when the sun is still shining bright.

my cute nephew


The best part of visiting my family is getting to know my new 2 months old nephew. As the new auntie I am, I could sit and admire him all day long and be pretty content doing just about nothing else than that. I think I am in love... with a 29 year old younger man.... oh boy.

me and my Mum
Besides adoring the baby, I have been pretty busy visiting family, attending a biking event, having a yard sale at the annual fair in town (where I also sold some yummie waffles :), and now attending my 10 year high school reunion. But my main goal is to just relaaaaaaaaaaaaax and pick up the skill of doing nothing before I will have to start and do a-whole-lot-of-things aka work....lol!

Peace out and sending you all good summer vibes!

No comments:

Post a Comment