Thursday, November 24, 2011

Conversations with God

Everyday I bring my book "Conversations with God" with me to the lake shore and sit down in a comfy chair with the intention to relax and read some chapters. Some days I actually get to open the book while other days I end up chatting away the afternoon with other travelers. (I always have this habit of carrying around my book for months in case I get that inspiration of just relaxing and sinking into the book.)

"Conversation with God" is an amazing book though. I heard about this book a couple of years ago but it wasn't until two month ago I actually bought it to have something to read while in Africa. It is kind of a self-helping book where you have to stop and think after every sentence or two. It is in a way as well an autobiography. The author Neal Donald Walsch was going through a rough time in his life and in his anger he started to write a letter to God about why his life was so shitty. Surprisingly God answers, and he answers all of Neal's questions about life, universe, evil, relationships, marriage, sex, work, life purpose and so forth. 

It is interesting to follow this conversation Neal his having with God and I am having so many aha-moments while reading this book... and I am only half through it. For example, God is saying that "Life is a creation, not a discovery" and that "God is the observer, not the creator". He is also saying "My purpose in creating you, My spiritual offspring, was for Me to know myself as God". Hmmm... I have never thought of it that way.... that God created us to discover who he was (as there was no one else than him in the universe). 

To me this book is opening up a new horizon when it comes to who God is and why has he has created the world the way it is. (The answer is actually according to the book that it is WE who has created the world the way it is, with all its wars, world hunger and global warming.)

So my intention this afternoon, after a cooling down with swim in the lake, is to open the book and read yet another chapter in this eye-opening book.

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment