Friday, January 13, 2012

Last day in Nkhata-Bay

The time has come for me to leave this beautiful place :(

I had my last day at school on Wednesday and it was an all game and candy English class for standard 7. We played charades, pictionary, hangman, etc. for about two hours and every student (all 72 of them!) got a prize, which mainly consisted of candy. I have really enjoyed my time teaching at the school and I'd love to get to know these kids even more. I see my students a lot when I am in town and when I walk down the street I hear "Madame, Madame!" and they wave and laugh. They are so sweet and shy. I love the fact that I know the kids in a different way and not just as a tourist in town. 

But all sweet things come to an end and I have to admit that I am also glad that the teaching is over. It is not easy to be a teacher! Hehehehe... I applaud all the real teachers out there and salute you!! Doing this full time and as a profession is not for me. I love my business. I do love teaching but then I would teach something that I am as well passionate about like salsa, natural remedies or give an advanced course in backpacking!

But I will miss this place! I have to say that I love Nkhata-Bay. It is beautiful and relaxing here. I can swim in the lake every day, enjoy good food and have good conversation with the locals. The people are really friendly and the longer I stay the more friends I get and the better I get to know the people. So it is sad to say good bye. But who knows it might not be an ever lasting good bye ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment