Monday, January 18, 2010

Back to school....

... and time to get down and dirty.

After years of snorkling I finally decided that it was time for me to take my diving licence. And where else to take it in the world that on this beautiful island of Utila in Honduras. Here, they have one of the most amazing reefs and it is one of the cheapest places in the world to take the licence, so basically, I didnt even have to think twice about doing this or not.

I have settled pretty well now at the Underwater Vision Diving Center and hostel after a couple of days of sunbathing and drinking rum... so it was about time to get behind the desk and start reading my thick book about diving that my hilarious instructor Dave gave my late last night in between the drinks. So no more rum for a while....

We have quite some theory and videos to go through before we get to do the fun stuff of actually diving. I am really looking forward to discover the underwater world and to offically have my PADI open water diving certificate. http://www.padi.com/scuba/ and go diving wherever I am in the world.

Yoohoooooo.....

No comments:

Post a Comment