Sunday, January 31, 2010

I'm a certified diver! Yoohoooooo....

Finally, I finished the diving course... it just took my ages I have to say because I got the flu in the middle of it and delayed the whole thing with a week as it is not nice to dive with a cold. But I had 2 great instructors, Dave and Diego, who let me dive whenever I wanted. A big cheers to them! SO now I have my PADI open water diving certificate!

Diving is just amazing. There is this whole other world down there that is just so beautiful and fascinating. You float around like you are in space, depending on the air supply you have and just follow the life underneath the water. I saw quite some different fish and corals like a sea cucumber, lobster, box fish, and a whole lot of nemos :)

We dove as deep as 22m at one point and saw this ship wreck on the bottom of the sea, pretty cool! When you think about it, 22 m is pretty damn deep but under water you really don't feel or have a clue how deep you are unless you look at the meter.

Utila has been amazing. This is definitely a place to go to if you want to relax, have fun, party, dive, swim, snorkel, sunbath and eat good good food. After being here a bit more than 1 week I feel it is time to move on down south. Haven't yet decided if I will leave tomorrow or not... I tell you it is so easy to miss the ferry and stay another day... " I missed the ferry..."

Will def keep you updated in some days on where I am..... maybe at the bottom of the ocean in the ship wreck. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment