Monday, January 11, 2010

Rio Dulce, still in Guatemala

The days just fly by. I have now travelled with the Uk gringos for 8 days or so and we have had a really good time I have to say. A lovely Ossie has also joined us from Languin and now we are 4 people travelling. With this pace we will soon be 10 people :)

It is interesing how you meet these random people and connect with them and then go off your own way after a while. I really love backpacking. It is really the kind of life I want to live. You just go wherever the winds take you (or Lonely planet, LOL) stay for as long as you want and you get to see some many things, experience the beautify of the nature and the people and meet so many interesing and like minded people. Ahhhhhh, I like.

So now we are in Rio Dulce, getting closer and closer to the Caribbean sea again (which I truly enjoy), and we are staying at this hostel out on the river/lake. Once can nly get there by boat. It is quite a cool place but run by two grumpy old Swiss guys... However, I enjoyed a really good nights sleep after a buff of ganja and a very soft mattress.

Today we went on a day trip to Finca Paraiso, a beautiful waterfall 1h away. This was by far the best waterfall I have been to in my whole life! Not because it was the highest I have ever seen nor the most beautiful but because the waterfall itself was hot spring water coming down from the mountains into this cold river floating by, so you got the best of both worlds, the ying and yang of waters. We spent a good 3 to 4 hours there just lying under the waterfall enjoying the hot water pouring down on us and once in a while we cooled off by a dipp in the river. AAAAAhhhhhhhhhhh...sooooooooooo relaaaaaaaaaaxing. It was like spending a day at a SPA, a natural spa. Absolutely loved it! And now I am so relaxed that I will sleep like a baby tonight.

Muy Bueno :)

No comments:

Post a Comment