Saturday, February 20, 2010

Isla de Ometepe

I have been relaxing in Isla de Ometepe for the last week at the ecological farm El Zopitel, where life is simple and good. Nothing better than homemade bread, granola cookies and pizza straight from the stone oven.... yummie!

Today I moved to another hostel south of the island called Hacienda Merida. This is a very nice place as well and close to the 34m waterfall in San Ramon, which I am gonna try to visit tomorrow.

My calves are still a bit soar after climbing one of the vulcanos on the island. This one, Vulcano Madera, is 1300m high and it took 3.5h to get to the top. Amazing views from there and on the top there was a big crater with water...but didnt dear to swim in it. Went through some amazing forest/jungle to get to the top and heard some howler monkeys howling up in the trees. Unfortunately, didnt see any though.

see ya later.... im going back to my hammock!

No comments:

Post a Comment