Friday, February 12, 2010

Laguna de Apuyo, Nicaragua

I'm in love...again! This time in Laguna de Apoyo.

This is an amazing place close to Managua and Granada in Nicaragua. Originally a volcano that blasted hundreds of years ago and is now one huge crater about 3 km wide filled with soft fresh water.

It is one of those places you can spend days and weeks doing nothing than relaxing, swimming and enjoying the beauty. I stayed in this tranquilo place called the Monkey hut right at the water of the crater. Lovely place with lovely people. We were only 6 people staying there from all walks of life: Donna and Richard (an energetic couple on their 70s from Seattle), John (a great musician from Oregon), Josie (a funny Chinese women from Toronto), Billy (another great guitarist and singer from San Fransisco), and me. The 6 of us had the most fun yet simple evening together last nite....we shared 2 humangous pizzas, had interesting conversations, and listen to such good live music by John and Billy while singing along in the warm night on the terrace overlooking the sea.. SO simple but so nice. I love it when people travel with their guitars and share their music and singing. Great vibes!

And this morning my day started early at 7am with a fresh swim in the sea, then a peaceful kayak tour, and then surpisingly dancing salsa 8 in the morning with John, who is a great dancer, on the sunny terrace. This is the first time I have been dancing salsa 8 in the morning...ah so much fun! I should always start the day like that! Should be my prioroty from now on. After yet another dip in the sea to cool down I ended my morning with dark 75% cacao choclate and red wine! Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......life can not get better than this! I am sure loving myself and living my life ;)

Later I shared a ride with Billy to Granada, where I met up with my travel companions Daniel and Pieter. This is now the 5th time I bumped into them in Nicaragua. Hehehe..sweet!

We just ate one of the best meals in Nicaragua and the boys have pasted out in the hammock.

Trust your vibes!

No comments:

Post a Comment