Friday, May 7, 2010

Cali - the salsa capital of the world!

I am now in Cali - the salsa capital of the world - they say... but I got to know that they only dance salsa in the weekends ( so much for salsa capital of the world!) due to the fact that Colombians work A LOT... six days a week from 6am to 6pm...wow...crazy.. no wonder thet don´t have any energy left to go out and dance.

Cali is otherwise not the most beautiful city I have seen. I did expect some prettier things... However they do have palm trees and it is hot here! So it is not that bad. You can see some pics of Cali here.

The people is lovely though, like in the rest of the country, and at the moment I am couchsurfing with a very fun and cute couple Elena and Chris. I have my own designated spot on an air mattress in the living room - not bad :) Last night, they took me out for dinner to enjoy some delicous "tipico" Cali food. I had a platano (plantain - that is banana) covered with frijoles (beans) meat, cheese and some good sauce. Wow it was good and soooo filling :) I also got introduced to a sour fruit juice called lulada ... yum yum so good. I absolutely love Colombian food!

No comments:

Post a Comment