Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Tayrona and last days in Colombia...

For my last days in Colombia I spoiled myself to go to Tayrona national park and Cabo beach. After a hot bus ride 1h east of Taganga I had to hike and sweat for 2h to get to this beautiful spot. And it was absolutely worth it! These beaches had the same grand status as San Blas in Panama (!), sooo beautiful with white sand, crystal clear waters, coconut trees and hot thot weather. You can not go wrong with these combos! So I enjoyed two full days lazing on the beach and drinking coconut water and eating coconut meat. Yum yum.. so good! (How will I be able to live without coconuts?)  As it was very hot! I had to stay out of the sun a bit or otherwise I would have turned into a boiled lobster.

As the only budget option for accommodation was hammocks I had brought my own sweet black hammock with me to use as a bed and it wasn't as bad as I had expected. But your back have to get used to it, so the second night was better than the first night. I have also started to do morning yoga now and I think my back was really happy about that :)

As you sleep out in nature you tend to go to bed when the sun goes down and wake up when the sun rises. So I went happily to the beach at 5.30 in the morning to watch the sunrise. (Why don't I do this every day?? Maybe cos I don't live on a beautiful beach and don't go to bed at 9pm every night...).

Anyways, I truly enjoyed my time in Tayrona and now I am back in Taganga getting ready to leave Colombia. So I'm doing my last minute laundry, cleaning the mud off my backpack, throwing stuff away and packing and drinking as much fruit juice as I can!

I have quite a long journey in front of me. First I need to sweat in the minibus to get to Santa Marta bus terminal, then I will freeze in the air condition bus on my way to Barranquilla, where I probably have to sweat a little again in a minibus that will take me to the airport. Here, I have my flight to Fort Lauderdale at 8pm, but with a transfer and a 6h stop over in Bogota. Ahhh, what don't you do for a night at the airport :) I have stocked up on cookies and a good book for these pleasent hours in the airport. And then early tomorrow morning I am finally off to Florida!! yyeeeiiiii.... and straight off to Miami as I will go to couchsurf with some very cool people there :)

So, my journey has now ended in Central and South America and it feels good to say good bye. I have so many good memories from my last 6 months here. Ahhhh... :) But I am ready to move on and experience new crazy things in the States.

So bye bye Colombia! Thank you for everything :)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful blog. I whish you have a very good time. Keep enjoying! Big hug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Silvia and thansk for being my first CS host! I am now CouchSurfing in Miami and I just love this thing, the people and the hospitality that CS brings.

    Take care and say ho to Negra and Tigre :))

    Besos,
    Anette

    ReplyDelete