Thursday, May 13, 2010

Cali - so much more than salsa (!)

As it turned out, Cali is so much more than salsa. I had a great, great time in Cali due to the fact that I met the sweetest couple in town that offered me an air-mattress on CouchSurfing :)
After spending five days I can say that for me Cali is is about:
  • the people (their hospitality, their smiles, their curiosity and their laughs)
  • family (I happened to be there on Mother´s Day, which I ended up celebrating with my host´s big big family that had the most amazing food ever)
  • all about sharing and caring for each other
  • FOOD and FRUITS (delicous Cali food such as the ones in the picture: boiled platanos covered with cheese, chicken, beans and salsa sauce and not to mention Lulada juice!)
  • sun, sun, sun and hot weather
  • salsa music and dancing (of course)
  • fake boobs, butts and prostitutes (the famous "love motels" :)
  • crazy Colombian traffic
My CouchSurfing hosts Elena and Chris showed me true Cali hospitality and I would like to thank them for putting me up in their place and taking their time to show me around Cali and inviting me into their lives for a couple of days. I had some fun and interesting discussions, loved the time swimming (not to mention the sauna(!)) at the county club, the salsa club (as you can see in the picture I am trying top get into the salsa beat), loved the jewerly making 101 course, the ice-cream (!!), the arepas, dinners, and visiting Chris´ family for Mother´s Day!

Last by not least I would like to thank Charly (in the pic), who saved me from the crazy taxi driver when I arrived on my first day and thought me about "70 iputa" and for offering me his place in Bogota!

Have a great trip in Europe Elena and Chris! You will love it :) Gracias por todo!

No comments:

Post a Comment