Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Jacksonville, Florida

After spending a good amount of time in Miami and the Keys it felt good to be on the road again and on the move. The Greyhound bus wasn't as bad as I remembered and with a very good book ("Message in a bottle") my 10h journey to Jacksonville went really fast (plus I almost finished the book!).

My Couchsurfing host Liz picked me up at the bus station and introduced me to her lovely two cats in her apartment. These energetic cats ended up keeping me awake most of the night as they tossed and turned in my bed. But as I love cats I didn't mind :) The other day I caught one of the cats drinking from the toilet and I managed to get it on a picture. Yum, Yum....

Liz is a great host, but as I am here during the weekdays, she works a lot and I don't get to see her as much. However, she introduced me to her yoga studio and yesterday I finally got to do some much needed yoga. (I am in desperate need of some regular yoga... my backpack is starting to kill me.)

Liz also lent me her bike and I went on a couple of relaxing bike rides along the Jacksonville river and downtown. I have almost forgot how much I love biking. Jacksonville and Avondale (where Liz lives) is a very beautiful place and the people are very sweet. I am starting to feel the Southern hospitality...

Ciao for now and see in the next city!

No comments:

Post a Comment