Monday, June 21, 2010

Wilmington & Raleigh

After a couple of busy days in Charleston I hitched a ride with David, my Charleston host, up the East coast to Wilmington, where I enjoyed a couple of days of relaxation with my new CS host Hill. Hill showed me some good North Carolinian hospitality and gave me some nice tours of Wilmington and Wrightsville Beach. Wrightsville Beach is a laid-back beach town with miles-long beaches, piers, surf shops and tanned people :) In between the touring, we had some very good discussions, shared some good travel stories and talked about the great life of a backpacker! Hill showed me a trailer to an awesome movie about the life of backpackers all over the world A Map For Saturday. I can't wait to see this movie!! I think all backpackers will love it! If you want to know what the backpacker life is all about then it is something you want to watch too :)

Hill also showed me the cool site and non-profit organization Playing For Change. I absolutely love this! One of my favorite songs/videos is this one: War / No more Trouble If eveybody would focus on projects like this there would for sure be no wars.

My next Couchsurfing experience was in Raleigh. Luck stoke me twice and I got a ride with Hill up to Raleigh, where we met up with Eric, my last-minute-request host :) Raleigh might not have been the most interesting city but we had a good time and met up with other Couchsurfers in town and shared our traveling stories. I only spend two nights and 1 full day in Raleigh so didn't have much time to do much plus you always need to relax...it is vacation time after all! 

By the way, if anyone wants a hug, I offer them for free :) freehugscampaign.org


No comments:

Post a Comment