Friday, June 25, 2010

DC and CT

My last Greyhound trip was from Raleigh to DC, where I stopped for 1 day to visit my dear alfase friend Margo. From here on I took the fancy cheap double decker MegaBus up to New York City, where I changed for the train up to Newtown, Connecticut. Newtown, is a small town 2 h north of New York, and it was here I spent my gap year after high school to work as a au-pair for two lovely kids named Henry and Felix. :) This is 10 years ago...Already! This means that I'm either old or that time has gone by really really fast and I am still 20 years old... and the boys, well they are not babies anymore, they are tall and smart teenagers :)
It is good to be back though and catch up on the changes and non-changes that has happened. We have had plenty of ice-cream, counted Felix's hens several times, made a duct tape belt (!), played an energetic monopoly game, visited Stew Leonard's just because of all the free samples, got lost while driving but thanks to the GPS on Felix's iPhone we got saved, and we have had some delicious dinners cooked my Catherine the Mum :) What else can you ask for?! I really do enjoy my extended holiday :)

Tonight, I am off to the city, Manhattan, for a looong weekend to meet up with old friends, check out Brooklyn and hopefully get to see some other couchsurfers.

Hasta luego!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Josie!
    So nice to hear from you! How is the scar?? Gardening sounds relaxing and I hope you get plenty of tomatoes :)

    I wish I could come up to Toronto as well but I cant do everything... have to limit myself somehow.

    New York is great and I have got plenty of exercise here walking up and down the streets pf Manhattan.

    My trip is really coming to an end! Tomorrow I will head for DC and spend my last week there with my friend... and what will I do.. nothing... I have learnt the skill of doing nothing, and I will happily do nothing on my last week :)

    Keep in touch and enjoy the summer in Toronto! I guess you are already planning your next trip. What about Finland??

    Ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEs let me know where you will be going in August! Maybe we can meet up :)

    ReplyDelete