Monday, June 7, 2010

Key West...

....the most southern tip of Florida and 90 miles from Cuba, that's where I went over the weekend with some Couchsurfers. I met Brook and her daughter Emerson at a CS event in Miami and she was looking for people to join them and her husband Bryan for a weekend trip down south and me and an Italien girl, Fransesca, ended up going with them. The road trip down there was beautiful as you ride on the long bridges that takes you from one small island to the next one. Brook had booked a cute little hotel for us and we got a room with our own kitchenette so we could cook our own food.

The Eden House Hotel http://www.edenhouse.com/ was a really nice place with free happy hour drinks every day at 4pm, so we made sure to be in the pool for that time :) They also surprised us with free hot dogs and hamburgers one afternoon :) ...freebies are always appreciated!

Key West is a hot place...it was like Colombia hot....you sweat by doing just about nothing. It is a very beautiful town though with pretty houses and a long harbour front. I was a bit surprised by how big the town was as I was expecting something smaller and less cars and I guess less tourists... maybe I got used to those random fishing villages in Colombia and Central America that just has less tourists. Anyways, we had a good time down south and we got Emerson, 4 years old, to entertain us.

Back in Miami I ended up couchsurfing one night with Brook and Bryan in Boca Raton before I continued on my State side trip north to Jacksonville.

Oh by the way, during my time in Key West I became an AUNTIE to a beautiful little baby boy!!!! yeeeeiiiiii :)

No comments:

Post a Comment