Monday, June 14, 2010

Charleston, South Carolina

How ya doin ya all!

Trying to crack down on my Southern accent and eat loads of butterfilled pancakes, cheese covered fried chicken wings, and tons of cavety cheering Italian ice. Wow, what a diet!

Charleston is a beautiful place though, with its cubblestone filled streets, 17th century homes, ghost hunted prison, and a harbor front filled with sail boats. It is definitely worth a visit if you happen to pass by!

I am also couchsurfing here with a kind gentleman called David. It turned out that the two Australian girls I met on the bus from Jacksonville up to Charleston was also going to couchsurf with David so we all bonded in the bus, got picked up by David and have all had a very good time. David has been touring us downtown, taking us to some good bars and a reggae festival. We also ended up going to a house party with a live band playing in the living room and I have to say that they were so good... I even bought their CD. What a nice place Charleston is!

David also took us to a stand up comedy show and afterwards we went to listen to the best Jazz drummer in town at the fancy 5 star restaurant wearing my flip flops and a shirt with a hole in it.. Hahahaha... not quite the dress code but I passed and the music was the best :)

Saturday night, more couchsurfers came to crash at David's place and I almost lost counting...1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7....8 surfers! I told him he should open a hostel ;) But we managed, David has a lot of space and beddings... and the more the merrier right! :)

Tomorrow, I will hitch a ride with David up north and spend a couple of days in Wilmington.

No comments:

Post a Comment