Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Isla Mujeres and Tulum

Isla Mujeres was a very nice place and the Pocna Hostel I was staying in was first class backpacker hostel with its own beach, beach bar, palmtrees, hammocks and nomads.

I had almost forgot about the legendary hostel breakfasts: Jam and Toast and a banana.... Wow I have so not missed that. So I decided that this time around I will not live on toast and jam so I went to the local supermercado and got myself some decent oatmeal! From here on it is only porridge that rules and of course the banana :)

Isla Mujeres is a small island, 7 km long. I rented a bike the other day and drove around in the hot hot hot sun. Not so smart to start the bike trip so late in the day. But hey, not my fault the bike broke down, luckily I had only biked for like 4 minutes, when one of the pedals fell off! Geeeeez! Got my second bike and went for a nice bike ride, stopped at some beaches to cool of in the ocean and ended up on Playa Norte enjoying the sunset.

Today I left Isla Mujeres for Tulum, a 2 h bus ride south of Cancun by the coast. Im staying in Lobo Inn, close to the beach. Here the bikes are for free and only a 10 min bikeride to the beach. Aaaaahh this beach is just beautiful! I will probably stay here for quite some nights unless the mosqitos will chase me away, already got bitten 3 times.

I will try to upload some pics while in this hostel as their PCs seem quite ok and might be able to handle my Canon.

Next stop, the tacos shop for dinner!

Till mamma och mormor: Jag hoppas ni kan forsta vad jag skrivit. Ska dra nagon vers pa svenska sen. Sol och bad varje dag och forsoker att inte branna mig i solen. Varmt har! Maste vara plus 35 i solhettan mitt pa dagen. Men ett dopp i havet sa hjalper :)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment