Sunday, December 27, 2009

Made it to Lake Atitlan in Guatemala

After 7 buses and 1 boat ride I made it to San Pedro de Atitlan in Guatemala from San Cristobal in Mexico.

Made it in 9 hours which wasnt bad at all as I started at 7am and the Guatemalans really took care of me today directing me from one bus to the other and I switched buses in seconds while my backpack in split second were thrown from one bus roof to the other. Really nice people! I had a blast in the bus as well as I was the only white peson on the old american school buses the use as local transport in Guatemala. The buses were packed and I got directed to sqeeze down on a seat were 2 people already sat... ehehe.. We were 6 adults sitting from one side to the other on benches that is made for school children... We defintely made use of the space.

The ride itself was like a rollercoaster as we went up and down, right and left in the beautiful mountains as the bus driver was speeding as it was no tomorrow. So We all had to really hold on as not to fall off the benches. I had a blast and couldnt stop laughing at one point. But then a Guatemalan women got seasick of it all and threw up in the bus... that was a bit yacky I have to say.... thank godness I had to change bus.

So it was quite a day. Now I am staying at this coool tranquil place called Zoola in San Pedro and in the coming days I will just do nothing... nada and then I´ll do some yoga.

;)))

No comments:

Post a Comment