Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Day 14 - last day of detox!!


The 14th day has finally come and it feels great! I have been looking forward to start earting solid food and start making some delicious life food. I have found so many nice recipies that I want to try. I am also surprised that I have found so many raw food recipe sites and blogs. The revolution has started!

As an award for my detox I made raw hamburgers and chocolate dessert for dinner. And it was soooooooo gooodd and soo filling! Amazing how much it fills you up. I am also eager to have my meat-eating friends trying it!


So what should my conclusion be regarding this 14 day detox?

First of all, it was not a hard as I thought it would be. Eating lifefood is easy. But then I also got used to rawfood by eating only that some weeks before the detox. And I think I already then got detoxed to a certain extent as I went from eating normal (meat etc) to eating only vegetarian for 4 days and then only raw food for 17 days. I have to admit that I did not like raw food too much in the beginning and I had to go to the bathroom a lot and I felt like I have no energy and being a bit dizzy. I have now learned that these are all normal symptoms one can have when starting to eat raw food as the body starts to detox naturally. Therefore, I would recommend to start eating life or raw food two weeks before the detox as it will be easier for you and your stomach.

So what did I really do/take during this detox?

I followed the following remedy as prescribed by Dr David Jubb to treat 1) an overactive upper stomach 2) inflammation of small intestine 3) bile insufficiency:

  • Jubb's Lifecolloid 2 times a day
  • Jubb's Bluemate 4 times a day
  • Jubb's Earthmate 4 times a day
  • Jubb's Wildzymes 4 times a day
  • Castor oil (ricin oil) 4 times a day
  • Epsom salt 4 times a day
  • Baking soda 2 times a day
  • Castor packs 4 times a day
  • 12 tbs olive oil a day (not on flush days)

In addition on flush days (every 4th day):
  • 200 ml olive oil
  • 100 ml lemon juice

Coffee enema for flush days:
  • 1.5 liter body temp water
  • 2 tbs organic ground coffee (put in glass of water the night before)

- I made Jubb's electrolyte lemonade and flax crackers. I also daily drank ginseng tea and apple cider vinegar mixed with water.
- 4 stools a day were recommended (if you do not have it take more castor oil or aloe vera) as it is important to have an empty stomach most of the time to do some healing
- I also ate 3 times a day or when feeling hungry (first meal at noon)
- I only ate mixed/blended lifefood (to know what lifefood is and is not check out this link
-What you specifically cannot eat during the detox:

  • no breakfast
  • no cooked food
  • no solid food
  • no flesh
  • no starch
I have lost 3 kg on this detox and hopefully a lot of stones. (I actually do not know as I haven't looked too close). But I feel lighter for sure. I also feel an improvement in my digestion and also the need of not eating so much. I am really happy about not having any breakfast and then make something really delicious for noon like chia almond milk porridge and a fruit-berry smoothie. My skin feels better, I have better breath, my lower back pain has eased and I am more flexible. And I am curious how I will fell in one weeks time :)

All in all, I would definitely recommend this detox to anyone who wants to improve their health and start fresh!


No comments:

Post a Comment