Thursday, August 18, 2011

Dr David Jubb’s 14 Day Lifefood Detox

Today is the day!

Today I started my Dr David Jubb’s 14 Day Lifefood Detox /Gallbladder and Liver cleanse. (Could the name be any shorter?) I will finish on the 31st August so by 1st September I am hopefully all cleansed, energized, and polished inside and out :) That would be a nice start to the month, wouldn’t it?

I am also lucky enough to be on holiday right now and I have nothing planned for the coming two weeks except for visiting the bathroom now and then.

To keep it somewhat organized I wrote a detox schedule yesterday with times and what to take during the day. It ended up being a very packed schedule with something to take and do every hour. I also wanted to spread the things out so I don't end up taking all the 'magic medicine powder', epsom salt, baking soda, olive oil, etc. at once. If I did that my stomach would just explode! So ever hour there is something.

I think the best part is that you do not eat breakfast until noon so then you have plenty of time to just chill and so far I have not even been hungry in the mornings. ( I have also already been on raw food for the last 3 weeks so my body is used to less food already and the feeling of hunger has almost disappeared.) But today I was wondering if that is because I was eating so much olive oil (12 tbs/day) that it made me full....

Anyways, even though I was suppose to take it easy today, it ended up being a very hectic day. I had to go to the health food store one last time to get some last things like apple cider vinegar, baking soda, and some food before I was all set for this detox. I spent some time shopping and then I got behind on my schedule and then I felt stressed about it and was thinking that I made my schedule just too packed. But somehow I managed to do all of the things in between doing some laundry and trying to figure out what to eat. (I tell ya, this is like a full time job!)

I had a delicious fruit smoothie for lunch, then a less delicious soup for dinner, blaaa I put too much garlic in my soup and it became more of a salad dressing... yuak.... so I ended up chewing on a chopped cucumber. You are only suppose to have mixed, blended, pureed food during the detox for easy digestions. But I had some dried apricots that I decided to puree in my mouth by chewing some extra...not sure if it worked...time will tell.

I still have a lot to learn when it comes to making tasty lifefood. As I write I am making some dehydrated flax crackers and earlier today I made almond milk, which turned out great! I was so proud of myself that it tasted so good.  (I know, it is the most simple thing to do!).

So the day was a little bit stressful with so many things to remember but I'm sure that tomorrow will be better and I have no plans of going shopping again. I will also google some recipes and prepare a bit better for the meals like soaking and stuff.

The best part of the detox, so far, is the Castor packs. (You soak a wool flannel in a lot of castor oil, you lay down, place it on one of the four corners of your abdomen, wrap towels around and put a warm heating pad or water bottle on top. Then you rest with this for 45 min.) I have to do these castor packs 4 times a day, which means I get to do a whole lot of resting! Today I really enjoyed that. I am actually doing one castor pack right now when typing... not sure if it is the best thing to do when you are suppose to heal and rest. So I better get going then.... off to bed and get some real sleep.

But there is just one last thing that is bothering me.... why haven't I had to do several number 2 today after taking all that laxative castor oil?? (8 tsp!) According to my remedy I have to have 4 bowl movements a day. (I had one). Does this mean I will wake up at 3am and have to run to the bathroom? Or is my stomach on a strike? Traumatized? In shock?

Tomorrow there will be some more castor oil!

No comments:

Post a Comment