Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Day 6 - Ann Wigmore & sprouting

Yesterday my mother gave me an old book from 1985 about Living Food by Ann Wigmore. As it was a thin and easy to read I digested it all in 1 h. Ann Wigmore (1909-1994) was the pioneer and founder or "Living Food" which is basically the same as Raw and Life Food.

It struck me while reading the book that eating is really easy, it is just that simple. You eat food that has life, food that is living and food that is raw. Feeding your body with fresh vitamins, minerals, protein, enzymes will help your body to function, to process, to heal, to do what it is good at.

With a good diet the body can heal itself from whatever sickness, health issue, skin problems you might have. But most of all you do not even have to have a problem to eat like this. Eating raw will simply keep your body balanced and in harmony with your mind and soul. And if you feel like having some bread or cooked potatoes with your meal it is ok as a healthy intestinal flora can effectively process it as the main food you eat has life and is raw.

I strongly believe you are what you eat. If I eat tons of cooked eggs I will soon feel like a cooked egg, if I eat a lot of candy I will feel like a jelly bean and if I have a steak I will most likely feel like a heavy steak and if I eat only cucumbers I will look like one.

After being on raw/life food now for 3.5 weeks I do feel lighter, there is no heaviness anymore. Sometimes I feel too light and then I have some more fatty nuts and seeds to get grounded. (I might bring in a cooked potato to get more grounded after my detox is over.) I have also noticed I have better breath in the morning, my skin in "shinier' and less dry, also my hair, my nails are super strong, and my stool is odorless. I hope I can add more to the list after some more weeks on lifefood.

The good thing with raw/life/living food is that you can eat as much as you want!

(The difference between raw and life food is that on life food you should not eat bananas, dates, cashews, peanuts, all grains (except for buckwheat, amaranth, chia, millet), corn , beans, potato, carrot, red beet ).

Ann Wigmore'sbook inspired me to try sprouting. So today I decided to try sprouting buckwheat and sunflower seeds. I found two big beautiful glass jars to sprout in, added a name tag, a wool flannel lid and now the seeds are soaking on the shelf. Now I just have to rinse them twice a day and wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment