Friday, August 26, 2011

Day 9 - food and hunger

After having had no food for 37h I felt a bit weak and low in energy in the morning. But at noon today I made the tastiest smoothie ever!! Yum so nice with food!

But it's funny, somehow when you are not on food your hunger kind of goes away after a while and then you are not so hungry anymore so after eating half of my smoothie I was already feeling full. Or what I thought was the feeling of full. It is also funny how living food makes you full but you never have this absolute feeling of full or hunger.. always a bit in between. Actually on my detox so far I have never felt true hunger, like my stomach making loud noises and I just could eat whatever... I never had that. I can drink a coup of tea and I am fine for some hours.

Tonight I was watching the movie/documentary Food Matters and I can really recommend it. It made me think twice, again, about what I eat and that I should make sure that all the products I eat are organic. It is so crucial that to be healthy we need to eat right and as they said in the movie, at least 51% of your food intake should be raw living life food so your body can heal itself. The movie was inspirational and it is good to get some new inspiration after 9 days on the detox and things becoming routine. So after the movie I had to go to my fridge and get something good for my body so I ate a melon and finished my left over veggie soup and felt a bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment